Did you know that more than 230 cars were destroyed during the filming of Fast & Furious 7 ? No, neither did I – but I did make the following observations:
- Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto) enjoys a Corona
- The Rock a.k.a Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs) ain’t happy sitting in a hospital bed. If he wants to break his plaster cast and thump his chest in defiance – he will!
- Jason Statham (Deckard Shaw) loves his guns…more than his acting
- Michelle Rodriguez (Letty) can do ‘girly’ and ’emotional’
- Nathalie Emmanuel (Ramsey) could be the new Halle Berry/Bond girl
- There’s never been a better time to go ‘old skool’ and drop the suspension on your sports car to manoeuvre in between a lorry’s wheels…go on, I dare ya!
- The late Paul Walker (Brian O’Conner) had much more left to give and delivered one of the best stunts in the F&F franchise to date, I’m talking about that coach scene!
I loved this film – for me, this is the best F&F of the lot. Yes, there’s still a few crap lines and OTT action, but this time there was a plot that carried you through, as well as emotion – something which was somewhat lacking before. I give this movie **** (4 out of 5 stars).